Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Customary Tradition. (Is this being redundant?)




Here's the same cemetary my Grandmother (Nanaw) used to take me to to feed the swans when I was a young lad.
Back then it was swans, now it's ducks, Canadian geese, and seagulls. I hate the seagulls.
But I love taking the grandsons down to "feed the ducks" and enjoy a time together with no inhibitions. Just a pleasant time together with memories in the making.
This was my first time with Noah. He's 2 closing in on 3 years old in December. My heart is always encouraged when I have my grand children with me. They are very special to my heart, and I thank the Lord daily for them.

"And where your treasure is, that's where your heart will be."

6 comments:

jazzycat said...

I used to take my youngest son to feed the ducks..... No grandkids yet.

Even So... said...

Grandkids always seem to be fascinated by water...

donsands said...

Grandkids are a whole other joy to the soul.
"No grandkids yet". Hopefully you will have many.

They sure do love the water, you're right.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Rick Frueh said...

Your comment on TP was balanced and heartfelt. I took notice of your Christlike approach.

Rick

Craver Vii said...

Behold! Thou hast been tagged.

donsands said...

Rick,
Thanks for the encouragement.

Craver,
I'll have to think a day or so on that. It's a blessing to me that you "tagged" me. Thanks.