Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it." -CS Lewis


[Isaiah's Lips Anointed with Fire by Benjamin West]


"When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, 'Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord." Luke 5:8

"Then said I, 'Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts." Isaiah 6:5

"I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye sees You. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." Job 42:5-6

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acception, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." 1 Tim. 1:15

The Bible teaches that we are not right with God; we are sinners, and evil in His sight, and worthy of God's judgment and wrath. His holy and perfect Being will not allow one sin to go unpunished. He hates sin, and will deal with every thing that is sinful, and as such has been cursed. And that's every man, woman, and child ever born into this sinful, evil, and dark age. Even the earth itself is cursed.

Jesus will say on the Last Day, the Day of judgment, "Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels". Matt. 25:41

We are worthy of God's wrath. We are cursed. Jesus is worthy of all praise. He is perfect holiness.

Jesus the holy Lamb of God became a curse on the Cross, and bore God's wrath. We, those who the Lord has chosen, those who are of the promise, those who have cried out to Christ for mercy, have been released of our curse, and are no longer under God's judgment and wrath.

Have you ever called out, or just felt in your heart the way Peter, Isaiah, and Job felt? If you have, and you understand that God's forgiveness is in Christ alone, then my friend, you are blessed indeed.

For on that Day, the Day of Judgment, Jesus will say to you, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundations of the world." Matt. 25:34

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

The paradox is that there is such joy in the acceptance of our lowly position... and that He paid a high price for us anyway!

Yo, Sandman! What happened to your moustachio'd mug? I haven't seen your face attached to the comments lately.

donsands said...

I don't know Craver. I'll check into that, right now.