Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Jesus wept".




"And when He was come near, He beheld the city, and wept over it". Luke 19:41

Christ had tears well up in His eyes. He looked upon Jerusalem, and sorrow gripped His heart. I pray a portion of the same heaviness will touch my heart as well. I do grieve at times for those who are enemies of the Cross. But for the most part, I am angry that these so-called preachers from God, twist the truth for their own benefit. And to be angry is not wrong. But do I grieve as well?

Paul, the great Apostle of Christ, and the one who lived most like our Savior in my opinion, wrote: "For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things." Phil. 3:17-19

I know I surely don't weep for these false preachers and teachers. I need to. I must never stop warning others of their deadly leaven, but I need to pray for their souls as well. "But for the grace of God, there go I." I try to remind myself of His grace ever day.

"If it wasn't for His grace,
Then I'd be in their place."-Mark Farner

No comments: