Friday, August 07, 2009

The Gospel: Christ died and rose from the dead three days later for sinners. Once we are "Gospelized" by our Lord, we shall have a heart for the poor.

Tim Keller: The Gospel and the Poor: A Case for Compassion from Here's Life Inner City on Vimeo.



This is 73 minutes long, just to warn you. But Tim Keller is worth listening to, let me tell you.

"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word and tongue, but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:16-18

4 comments:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Tim Keller is good, no doubt. I strongly agree with him on what I think are some key issues in our witness as Christians today. I hope to listen to this later, when I have more time.

Thanks, Don.

donsands said...

Tim is being used by our Lord in great ways in New York city. I would love to see thousands of churches like his spring up, and bear glorifying fruit for Christ.

Joe said...

Don, have you read Tim Keller's "The Prodigal God" ? I just read it a few days ago...great perspective on the Parable of the Prodigal Son. You won't look at the parable the same way again after reading Keller's book.

donsands said...

No I haven't. But I will make sure I do one day. I have a small stack of books I am finally finishing. My last book in the stack is "Christless Christianity", by Michael Horton.

I may just have to get this Keller book and read it.

Thanks Joe.