Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"But I know that the gates of Hell, They have been destined to fail, I see Satan impaled on the sword of the Word, On the sword of the Word "

Rich Mullins died in a car accident a few years ago. I miss him. Yet, he left us his music. I wish there were more artists like him in our day. He wasn't stuck in the cookie-cutter CCM pop-culture. Be encouraged as you listen to Rich sing one of very early songs of his very short career.



"And the New Jerusalem won't be as easy to build
As I hoped it would be
As I hoped it would be easy to build
But the New Jerusalem won't be so easy to build
There's many bellies to fill and many hearts to free
Got to set them free

But I see a people who've learned to walk in faith
With mercy in their hearts
And glory on their faces
And I can see the people
And I pray it won't be long
Until Your kingdom comes"

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

"..you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit."

"And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."

4 comments:

simon said...

mate- you own a gutter company? can you come and put new gutters on my place? hope you are fine.

donsands said...

Absotively I can! Would love to!

My gutter company is hurting, but we're still afloat.

Thanks for stopping by. You blessed my evening.

Craver Vii said...

It was shocking that God would take Rich home so soon. The way he lived his life, and his music were inspirational.

donsands said...

Yep. He was one of rare ones. He walked to a different drum beat, but he loved the Lord, and music, and people.
He was real.

God bless you Crav.