Saturday, April 17, 2010

One of my favorite Eagle songs.



I remember when I would listen to this throughout my earlier years as a young rebel, that I wanted the peaceful easy feeling, but never found it. Well, I can say I have peaceful days; moments; and even seasons, but the true peace and rest that I was yearning I found to be fleeting.

But then the Prince of peace sought me, and brought me to Himself, and I discovered a genuine peace, that never leaves, completely that is, yet it can be hindered at times, and always will be in this dark world.

But it can never fully depart from my heart, and mind, for God is for me, and Jesus said:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

Thank You Lord for giving me the gift of Your peace! Amen.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

ah yes wonderful peace to rest in, how glorious!

donsands said...

Rest is a good word too. Thanks for coming by sister.