Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"He will again have compassion on us;he will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." Micah7:19



"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
....
who forgives all your iniquity,
....
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us."
Psalm 103:1;10-12


As awesome as all the blessings of the Lord are, there is nothing that compares with His forgiveness and love. He actually forgave me when He brutally had spikes hammered through His hands and feet, because of my sins; my filth; my blasphemies, mocking, evil desires and thoughts, and hatred.
And the Lord doesn't die for us, and then hold His death over our head and say, "Now you better be good."
He simply loved us, and died for us, and forgives us. He loved us, His elect, before the creation of the universe. Jesus determined to save a rebel like me, and I will never understand why.

He took our sin upon His broken body, and washed them away in His precious blood. He also imputes to us His goodness and clothes us in His righteousness, which without we can never enter into eternal life and heaven, but would spend eternity in hell, separated from Jesus Christ, and His Father.

Thank You Lord for forgiving me in Your death. There's no other forgiveness for sin. With all that is in me, I shall love You, and follow You, and live by trusting in You, to be able to bear godly fruit for Your honor. Amen.

No comments: