Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’-Jesus

Here's a song with good thoughts about freedom. What a great word for the human soul, isn't it. I like he starts out with the visiting a prison, and he meets a man who had lost his freedom. But then the man speaks:

"The sun was beating down inside the walls of stone and razor wire
As we made our way across the prison yard
I felt my heart begin to race as we drew nearer to the place
Where they say that death is waiting in the dark
The slamming doors of iron echoed through the halls
Where despair holds life within its cruel claws
But then I met a man whose face seemed so strangely out of place
A blinding light of hope was shining in his eyes
And with repentance in his voice he told me of his tragic choice
That led him to this place where he must pay the price
But then his voice grew strong as he began to tell
About the One he said had rescued him from hell, he said . . .

I'm free, oh, I have been forgiven
God's love has taken off my chains and given me these wings
And I'm free, and the freedom I've been given
Is something that not even death can take away from me
Because I'm free
Jesus set me free"



It has an excellent blend of melodies as well. And Stephen's voice is unique.
Good song from a great artist, and an excellent man of God. He's a fine example for those in the Arts. And for us all really.




"So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”" John 8:31-32

And the truth, (the Word of God), and the Truth, (Jesus Christ), will set us free from the power of sin: lust, pride, and self-centeredness. And so we are free to love, be made humble, and focus on others more than ourselves.

No comments: