Saturday, January 22, 2011

"...a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes,..." Joshua 23:13

The Lord told the people of Israel, through Joshua, to love Him only, and look to Him, and keep His good words, otherwise the nations would become a snare, and "a whip on your side and thorns in your eyes". And Israel failed, time and time again.
But God, with his great mercy sent His Holy One, Jesus, to be crowned with thorns in His brow, and have His body whipped for their sin; and our sin. What love this is!
What a Savior!
What a God!

I love this hymn. May I hear each word, and listen intently and deeply. May I sing each word with heartfelt affection, and never, never forget what Christ has done for me.




"What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest Friend,
For this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?
O make me Thine forever, and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to Thee."-Ber­nard of Clair­vaux, 1153

No comments: