Friday, February 18, 2011

"The pulse of life within my wrist, ..."

Enjoy a fine song, and a fairly good video.



I heard this song by Chris Rice yesterday, and it truly is a fine song, with a marvelous melody; and simple words expressing a heart of praise for God's creation.

The one verse which impressed my mind, as I listened and reflected on my Lord, was the one of life in the pulse of our wrists. I began to think about how Jesus had spikes hammered through His wrists, and through His pulse of life. I thought of the excruciating pain He felt, and how His blood must have jetted from His wrists, and perhaps fell upon the soldier who was nailing our Lord to the Cross.

Peter says this about his Lord's blood:

"...knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot."
(1 Peter 1:18-19)

I know as Peter spoke this word, and wrote it down, he surely chose it from the deepest part of his heart. How precious his Savior, and Friend's blood certainly was for him. How precious should it be to us?

No comments: