Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"God so loved the world..."


"I will give place to no one in maintaining that Jesus loves all mankind, came into the world for all, died for all, provided redemption sufficient for all, calls on all, invites all, commands all to repent and believe; and ought to be offered to all--freely, and without price. If I did not hold this, I dare not get into a pulpit, and I should not understand how to preach the Gospel.

But while I hold all this, I maintain firmly that Jesus does special work for those who believe, which He does not do for others. He quickens them by His Spirit, calls them by His grace, washes them in His blood--justifies them, sanctifies them, keeps them, leads them, and continually intercedes for them--that they may not fall. If I did not believe all this, I should be a very miserable, unhappy Christian."
-J.C. Ryle

No comments: