Monday, June 06, 2011

D-Day, June 6th. In honor of the 2,374 who gave their lives.

I watched a few scenes before I chose this one. Some scenes are just too intense for my blog. Though I encourage anyone to watch this movie, if you have not seen it yet. A great work of art, that tells a great part of history. An ugly part of history no doubt, yet it is also a beautiful, and needful, part, as brave soldiers gave their lives so others could be set free, and protect their loved ones. Not every soldier was righteously brave, yet the overall invasion was a valient deed.



This is my favorite Speilberg film. And he didn't even win an academy award. Tom Hanks was superb as well. I remember the first time I saw this on the big screen, I was so gripped, and I was clenching my fists with the very first battle scene on the beach. I would imagine the director captured what it was like, moreso then many of the other films we have depicting D-Day. Though some of the other films were well done, such as 'The Longest Day', which I enjoy very much.

No comments: