Saturday, June 11, 2011

"I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those who You have given Me; for they are Yours."-Jesus, praying to His Father in the garden


"This special intercession of the Lord Jesus is one grand secret of the believer's safety. He is daily watched, and thought for, and provided for with unfailing care, by One whose eye never slumbers and never sleeps. Jesus is "able to save them to the uttermost who come unto God by Him, because He ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Heb. vii. 25.) They never perish, because He never ceases to pray for them, and His prayer must prevail. They stand and persevere to the end, not because of their own strength and goodness, but because Jesus intercedes for them. When Judas fell never to rise again, while Peter fell, but repented, and was restored, the reason of the difference lay under those words of Christ to Peter, "I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not." (Luke xxii. 32.)
The true servant of Christ ought to lean back his soul on the truth before us, and take comfort in it. It is one of the peculiar privileges and treasures of a believer, and ought to be well known."-John Charles Ryle

A wonderful truth here for us, those who love Christ. Jesus said the world can not receive the Spirit of truth, because the world loves darkness and sin. That was actually my dilemma at one time. And yet, God sought me, and brought me into His marvelous light. 100% pure grace and mercy from a sovereign Lord, who seeks and saves sinners for His glory. I can say I have no reason to be a Christian, other than Jesus saved me. I was going the opposite way; hiding in the darkness. Even now I find myself slip out of the light, and need to come back and walk in the light again. But even this coming back into the light is Christ's doing. He loves like no other. Jesus is beyond our comprehension of love. If our love was defined as wide as the grand canyon, then in comparison, Christ's love would be as wide as the milky way and even beyond that.
This love will be something we experience for all eternity, and never will it become old and "unamazing". His love will always be amazing and wonderful.

2 comments:

Ron (aka RealityCheck) said...

never will it become old and "unamazing"

And yet, I shamefully have to admit that I often (very often) take it for granted. That’s why it is such a blessing Don to pop onto a site like yours and start the day off with such a great reminder.

Thanks!

donsands said...

Thanks for dropping by Ron. Have a great day in the Gospel truth my brother.