Monday, August 22, 2011

"If you continue in My Word, ...you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." (John 8:30-32)


"All who embrace grace become "free indeed."
Free from what? Free from oneself. Free from guilt and shame. Free from the damnable impulses I couldn't stop when I was in bondage to sin. Free from the tyranny of others' opinions, expectations, demands. And free to what? Free to obey. Free to love. Free to forgive others. Free to allow others to be who they are--different from me! Free to live beyond the limitations of human effort. Free to serve and glorify Christ."-Charles R. Swindoll, The Grace Awakening Devotionall.

What a gift freedom is from Jesus! Not a freedom of our flesh so much, as a liberty of my heart and mind; and to realize that I had shackles and fetters of condemnation upon my soul, until I was set free by the Judge Himself.
Jesus came to make me free, and set me free, so that I can live for Him in His mercy and forgiveness of His death and blood, and so on the Day when God calls every soul before Him to be judged, I won't hear, "Depart from Me!"

No comments: