Wednesday, October 05, 2011

"And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor,..."-Mark 10:21-22



I like to post some of my favorite artists from time to time. Phil Collins is one. He really is quite talented. A superb percussionist, and song writer, and singer. I don't believe he trusts in Christ, and so I pray he would come to Jesus Christ. Yet, in this song he hits a home run as far as teaching us a lesson about caring for those who are in dire straits.

Actually, Phil's take is a humanistic one, and misses what our Lord says about helping the poor. My next post will be one that deals more with the poor, and especially those who hold the Card-board signs and are seeking monetary blessings from the passersby.


And I shall expound upon this verse of Scripture, and what our Savior says to the Rich Young Ruler as well.

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

This young man believed he had everything... just like some of us today... but what he was lacking to fill the void in his life was Jesus. Sometimes materialism becomes our lord and master and in this particular case, Jesus could read the heart of this young man and invited him to let go of the "world" and follow Him. Unfortunately this young man could not let go of his idols. God bless, Lloyd

donsands said...

Thanks for the insight and visit.

I was thinking how I could probably sell all my stuff, and take pay off my bills, and then use the money for this or that for myself, and downgrade, and maybe be a missionary. But to sell everything, and then give all my money to the poor? I no way could do this. "But God..." Eph. 2 I thank God for these two words. His grace and mercy are great. Why He had mercy on me, I'll never understand.

Have a terrific Lord's day and weekend.