Friday, November 18, 2011

I always liked the 2nd LP of Chicago the best. Very much a masterpiece indeed. Enjoy this touching sonnet, poem, and song, It's truly a fine piece




A warm summer night
The moon above us
The stars for a wish come true
Are memories of love

A motionless pond
A beautiful swan

The smell of flowers growing near
Make me shed a tear

Memories of love gone by
Make me stop and cry

Now I kneel and pray
For the Lord took her today

And all that's left to think of
Are memories of her love

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

You know what it's like when you're running from the beach into the water, and when you get to a certain point in the water, your inertia gets killed, and it feels like you're running in slow motion?

Well, I just came from listening to a series of high-energy songs (including Victory Chant) and I have never heard this song before. Whoaaa... (lol)

Chicago did an incredible job of bringing horns to rock-n-roll. They're outstanding musicians!

donsands said...

Craver, you have such deeper thoughts than the average human. I love to read (hear) your heart.

I love that Victory Chant!

And you're so right about Chicago. And they had three lead singers with all very different voices and ranges.

My dear brother, have a Jesus focused Thanksgiving, knowing that His heart is toward you, because our Father chose us before the foundations of the world, and gave us to Jesus, so that He would be spiked to a Cross.

What a God to be thankful for.