Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"So come on back, and see, Just what you mean to me. I need you"-George Harrison (25 February 1943 – 29 November 2001) 10 years ago George died.



One of George's best songs I think. He was quite talented as a song writer, even though Paul and John wrote so many more songs as Beatles.

George died at the age of 58, the same age I am now. Lung cancer did him in. Yet, the saddest thing is that George rejected the Truth; he never believed he needed Christ. He needed things, and people, and even Hinduism, but He dismissed Jesus as his Lord and Savior. Perhaps near the end he cried out to Christ for mercy. I hope so.

Nevertheless, he was a very kind man, and did many good deeds for others. He was worth hundreds of millions of dollars. And yet he seemed to try and live a simple life.

I hope I would do the same if I had as much. I hope also I would never leave Christ, my first love, for riches of this earth, nor for a religion like Hinduism, or any other religion for that matter; nor any other thing or person, or idea.

No comments: