Monday, December 24, 2012

"And Let Me Set the Battlements on Fire."

 


I really enjoy listening to Sting. He is an artist that is deeply talented in all the spheres of music. I am made happy by listening to his works of art. 

And yet, I know Sting is without the salvation of Christ in his life and heart. And so I pray the "big prayer" for our Savior to grab his heart, as Jesus grabbed mine. 

I do pray Lord, You will have mercy on this fellow sinner, and bring him into Your eternal kingdom of truth and love. Amen.

4 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I know that the Sovereign Lord is glorified in all his works, whether the righteous execution of his holy wrath, or in the outpouring of his saving grace. Still, I long to be a witness to the miracle of salvation! I want to see more and more of the real thing-- not empty confessions of easy-believism. It is just painful to think of how many people think they are doing okay, when they're really destined for condemnation. Hosanna!

donsands said...

Good words Craver. My heart feels this way as well.
I argued with my sister on Christmas Eve night about this.
She says she simply believes in Jesus, and the 4 gospels, and doesn't care to read Paul's letters, because "they are just letters written by a man."

I will continue to pray for Mary, and argue the Word with her.
The religion of easy-believism is perhaps the most cunning of all of Satan's ploys.

Craver Vii said...

Well then, I will lift Mary to the Lord in prayer. May the Holy Spirit change her heart. May the Father draw her to himself. And may she be granted the passion to embrace the whole of God's inspired word to the glory of Christ. Amen.

donsands said...

Thanks brother. God hears us. And a brother like yourself, I know He smiles upon your requests.
Yet, His will be done. Amen.

Thanks Craver. Love you bro!