Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"There is no forgiveness without the Cross of Christ. Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, that saved a "wretch" like me, I once was blind, but now I see,"






There are so many loose ends to this, that I'm not sure what to make of it. It is a good thing to "get sobered up". That is a wonderful thing indeed. But if you come to a "god of your own understanding", as they teach in AA (Alcoholics Anonymous),- or even Rehab, I think, -then you may be in worse danger of dying without the Gospel, than ever before. 




The AA crowd is fertile soil for the Gospel in one sense, but in another it shuns the Gospel and hold tight to it's slogans. Anyhow, those are some thoughts i have. Not thoughts to be taken without regard, but my thoughts nonetheless.

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I liked the presentation for what it is: a humble expression of altruism. In that, Robert Downey Jr. demonstrates a slice of what it means that man was made in the image of God. He may not acknowledge it as Imago Dei, but that's exactly why he does this and an animal cannot.

I was glad to see that he embraced his history and admits that he has fallen.

Now (as you said), if he would come around to giving glory to God by calling on the Lord Jesus to save him... that would be a proper finish to the whole shebang.

donsands said...

Well said Craver. You captured my heart with your words, as you often do my good friend.
Have a joyous Lord's day brother!