Friday, May 03, 2013

"Whether we live, may we live unto the Lord, or whether we die, may we die unto the Lord; or, if He comes for us, may we be found in peace, without spot, and blameless!"-JC Ryle

"Without holiness no man shall see the Lord." . . . Alas, what searching, sifting words are these! What thoughts come across my mind, as I write them down! I look at the world and see the greater part of it lying in wickedness. I look at professing Christians and see the vast majority having nothing of Christianity but the name. I turn to the Bible and I hear the Spirit saying, 'Without holiness no man shall see the Lord.' . . . Would you be holy?

 ... Then you must begin with Christ. You will do just nothing at all, and make no progress till you feel your sin and weakness, and flee to Him. He is the root and begining of all holiness, and the way to become holy is to come to Him by faith ... Christ is sanctification to His people.

 . . .Wait for nobody. Linger not. Think not to make yourself ready. Go and say to Him, in the words of that beautiful hymn:

                                                  "Nothing in my hand I bring,
                                                   Simply to Thy Cross I cling;
                                                   Naked, flee to Thee for dress;
                                                   Helpless, look to Thee for grace."

. . . . May we all feel the importance of holiness, far more than we have ever done yet! May our years be holy years with our souls, and then they will be happy ones!"-Bishop John Charles Ryle

No comments: