Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Only the good die young." really?




I like to think about the words in this song. Billy is writing and then singing about "religion".

 "You got a nice white dress and a party on your 
Confirmation You got a brand new soul, 
And a Cross of gold 
But Virginia they didn't give you quite enough information 
You didn't count on me 
When you were counting on your Rosary 

They say there's a Heaven for those who will wait 
Some say it's better but I say it ain't 
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints 
The sinners are much more fun..." 

 This is a statement of religion that simply is wrong. the truth faith is of a savior who died on a cruel Cross for sinners like us, and who loves us, and we can have great freedom and joy in His forgiveness. 
How I hate the myth of all the phoney religions out there, which cause souls to go seek enjoyment in the world, and become pawns of the ruler of this age: Lucifer.

2 comments:

Paul G said...

Amen, I agree!
Paul

donsands said...

Nice to have you visit Paul. Lord bless.