Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I pray not for the world".


Amazing how Jesus, who came to pay for the sins of the world, did not pray nor INTERCEDE for the world, but INTERCEDED and prayed for His disciples, and for all those who would come to believe in Him. John 17

I have been reading the book of Jeremiah, and in chapter 7 verse 16 it says: "Therefore pray not for this people [Judah], neither lift up a cry nor a prayer for them, neither make INTERCESSION to Me: for I will not hear".
I wonder, was our Lord thinking of Jeremiah 7:16 as He prayed the most holy prayer of all time.
Jesus, during His three years of manifesting His Messiahship often referred to the Jewish rulers as the world. The world is not just those who are outside of the Body of Christ, but there are those who are in our midst who are the world. And in America, it seems like there's more world then church in the Church. And this is how it was in the Lord's day as well, more world than people who loved God.

And I wonder if our Savior was thinking of Isaiah 53:12 during His darkest hour: "He has poured out His soul unto death: and He was numbered with the transgressors; and He bare the sin of many, and made INTERCESSION for the transgressors."

There's a lot to ponder here, and I'm not going to be overly dogmatic, but I do see a God and Redeemer, who, because of His great love for His Father, INTERCEDED for those whom the Father had given Him, and all who would be given to Him, throughout this age.

I believe the geunine believer needs to understand this truth. That Jesus set His great love upon His people, who He was determined to save, and nothing in this universe would be able to thwart His love, nor the Father's love.

Jesus is, even now, at the right hand of God making intercession for us, as the holy Lamb of God, and as our High Priest, and as our King. Hallelujah!

What a Day it will be when we finally see Him!

7 comments:

Craver Vii said...

My frend, you are a horrible speeler, but as far as I can tel, your theology is flauless.

donsands said...

Thanks Craver.

I never applied myself in school when it came to grammer and spelling. I wish I had though.

I should probably slow down a little though.

Craver Vii said...

You have to conscede that for some poeple like me, it's just a gitf; I'v always been a good spellar.

Anyhoo, if ya had to choose between good spelling and good theology, you can't complain, eh?

donsands said...

Craver, thou cracketh me upest!

Kristine said...

spelling errors aside.. ;) ..this truth is a humbling one, indeed.

jazzycat said...

Good thoughts about the prayer of Jesus.

donsands said...

Thanks Wayne. It's a difficult subject of our Lord not praying for the world.