Friday, March 07, 2008

"He who has ears let him hear. May these words go deep down into your ears."


God is a holy God, and His wrath is being stored up, against a world that is unthankful and in rebellion. This should cause a human heart to experience some degree of awkwardness, and ask the question, "What must I do?"

But, the human heart is callous, and even dead. The heart of man needs favor from God.

Sinner, do you desire favor from God? Do you tremble at the truth of His holy white-hot wrath, and fear Him?
Then you need not fear Him.
For His mercy and compassion are great. So great that He has forgiven you, if you will come to the Cross of Christ, and kneel there, and behold the Savior, Jesus Christ, who was, and is the Lamb of God, who bore our sins. Who died, and was placed in a tomb. Who three days later rose from the dead, and now lives, and reigns over heaven and earth, and calls for all humans to repent; to turn from theimselves to Christ and God.
So turn to Christ, and cry out to Him. Ask Him for mercy. Bow your heart, and cry to Jesus for forgiveness for your hell deserving sins.

God is a good God. His goodness was displayed on a Cross for all to see. It's this goodness that leads His lost children to repentance.

Jesus said, "Come unto Me, and I will give you rest; rest for your soul."

4 comments:

jazzycat said...

Don,
We just cannot proclaim this message too much in our secular dominated age.

donsands said...

"I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins;
And won the victory.

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood."- Eugene Monroe Bartlett 1939

It's a sweet aroma to those being saved. His mercy is new every morning.
Thanks for stopping by Wayne.

Craver Vii said...

I just want to say that I appreciate you, my brother. I appreciate your knowledge of and passion for the Lord, and your good nature and sense of humor. Shalom.

donsands said...

Thanks Craver. Shalom right back at you.