Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Give Jesus a Chance....He Died to Have the Opportunity

I saw this phrase at James White's website, and supposedly it's a relevant and new bumper sticker out there.

It just makes my stomach flip, when I read flippin' flippant "lukewarm" statements like this.

The other one I hate is "Got Jesus?".

Good grief. This isn't even shallow, it's down right empty and meaningless.

Just needed to exercise a little anger, after my last post.

The Lord Jesus said these strong, and sobering, words that we would do well to heed and to take to heart:

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would that you were cold or hot.
But because you are lukewarm, ... I will vomit you out of my mouth." Rev. 3:15-16

7 comments:

Danny Wright said...

What would you say is a good bumper sticker?

donsands said...

That's a good question. I'm not really into bumper stickers.

But anything that speaks the truth would be fine.

"Jesus is the only Way to heaven"

"Jesus Christ died and rose, and now rules in heaven"

"Christ Jesus calls us to repentance and obedience"

"All who reject Christ will perish"

jazzycat said...

My favorite Bible verse may make a good sticker. Matthew 7:7 Ask, seek, and knock.

donsands said...

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you".

Yes sir. What a great verse.

But that's an exclusive promise for the child of God, is it not?

jazzycat said...

Yes, it is. A lot a people apply it to temporal concerns, but I like it because of the assurance of spiritual blessings.

The unregenrate will not ask, seek, and knock; however, the offer is there.

Jonathan Moorhead said...

I've heard it said that whatever can be said in a nutshell should stay in a nutshell. I feel the same way about bumperstickers. In addition, I'm always scared that I would do something on the road that would discredit any positive message I was trying to send
;-)

donsands said...

"I've heard it said that whatever can be said in a nutshell should stay in a nutshell."

I like that a lot. Thanks for sharing Jonathan.