Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."-Thomas Jefferson


"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson


I have been reading some history lately, and have found that this nation was founded upon what God thinks. We have grown far away from this foundation. We now, instead of depending on God, depend on humans. And what a mess we have. Trillions of dollars in debt, and printing more money every day. Raises taxes on everything that has sugar in it. And on and on it goes. "TYRANNY!" is what Francis Schaeffer called this form of government way back in 1985. How much more in our day.

However, this nation is not God's biblical nation really.
His nation is within, and part of, this nation.
His nation is mixed in China as well.
The Lord's nation is even in the nation of Iran.

Every nation on this earth one day will hear the truth of God's kingdom, and there shall the nation of God abide: When those who are citizens of their particular nation come to Christ for forgiveness; and so they at the same time become the King of glory's newest subjects. And even more fantastic than that, they are adpoted into the family of God, and so children of the Most High Lord of creation, our heavenly Father, and heirs of eternal life!

Here's what the Lord's nation consists of, according to the Apostle Simon Peter, and according to the truth of God's Word:

" But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor." 1 Peter 2:11-17

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."-Thomas JeffersonA reproof that all spineless Arminians need to hear.

Anonymous said...

because they're too weak to oppose the tryanny that is Calvinism and the antichristian theocrasy that it seeks to establish that will stone everyone for blasphemy who denies that God is more evil than Satan.

donsands said...

beowulf, I'm not sure where you are coming from.

The Lord Jesus Christ has His children, who are Reformed believers, and non-Reformed believers in Christ.

And all His children need to love the Lord, as we trust Him for everything in our lives.

Some Arminians do this. And some Calvinists don't.

I'm a Reformed believer, but i am very proud at times, and I need to watch myself.
And i sense that same pride in you my brother.

Thanks for coming by.

Have a peaceful, and grateful for His grace, kind of Lord's Day.

Litl-Luther said...

It's funny to think of Thomas Jefferson after a movie I watched which quoted that he said this:

"Some of my finest hours have been spent sitting on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." -Thomas Jefferson

He sounds like he was a pot-head, but maybe smoking that stuff was acceptable back then -- slavery was.

donsands said...

"smoking hemp"

Never smoked hemp.

Tom Jefferson was a dieist, and actually chamged the Bible to his own liken.
he did have slaves, and actually had a child by one of them.

He was quite a sinner, and he was a Constitutionalist. He believe in humans being free, or at liberty under a government, and the governmenet should have no control.
He is one of the reasons you can carry that gun on your hip.

I'm no historian, and so I'm just sharing a little that I know about him.

Litl-Luther said...

I like him, now that I know I can carry a gun because of him. ...though I can't carry it here. I had to leave my guns back at my dad's house.

Thanks Don.

Litl-Luther said...

PS: Don, that beowulf2k8 guy sounds like a nut.

donsands said...

Yeah, beowulf was banned at another blog. So I think you maybe right Triston.

Anonymous said...

I was banned on Triablogue merely because they can't accept any dissent over there, much like the Democrat party. What I was trying to say here is that most Arminians do not have the spine to stand up to Calvinism even though they know that Calvinism is a tyrannical system that attacks Christians who believe in free-will rather than it and would rather make them atheists then allow them to continue in the joy of their salvation. Its essential attitude is "how dare they believe in free-will and human freedom! We will crush their spirit by constantly telling them that God is the author of evil by a decree to make all men sin, until we finally make them hate Christ and become atheists!" I know you will say you are not like this, and I hope you aren't. But this is how most Calvinists, especially on the Internet are, and it is unfortunate that most Arminians cow-tow to them rather than truly speak their mind.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."-Thomas Jefferson

Those who believe in free-will versus Determinism do it for good conscience, the good conscience of not being guilty of accusing God of causing their sins. If these remain silent, the tyranny of Calvinist intolerance and Inquisition-like behavior (such as is in abundance on Triablogue) will permeate "Christendom." That's all I meant. And being that I have nothing more to say on this topic, I bid you good day sir.

donsands said...

Thanks for clearing that up beowulf.

I disagree with your thinking of Calvinism as a whole, but not with every Calvinist.

However, Steve, and the others at "Triablogue", don't fit your catagorizing either. Not that we all don't come off at times too proud.
You seem to do that yourself.
Not that we all aren't biased; because we are.

But, bottom, do we love Christ and His Word? Do we bow our knee to the Lord, and cry, "Jesus You are my Savior! Thank You for saving me from my sin, and myself, because without Your grace I am undone." Amen.

Anonymous said...

Saying that Christ decreed human sin or that we sin because of n irresistible decree by him (i.e. that he is the author of sin) is a funny way to show love for him.

Anonymous said...

You said whether we are Calvinist or not doesn't matter, "But, bottom, do we love Christ and His Word?" I agree that is the bottom line, loving Christ. But I think the very doctrine of Calvinism, that God decreed us to sin, that we sin by an irresistible decree of God and cannot do otherwise, that God is the author of sin, shows a lack of love for him. You seem to be a Calvinist in name only, however, which is good. If you were a real Calvinist you would have instantly understood what I said and been on the defensive. I'm glad your "Calvinism" is only by denominational affiliation and not belief.

donsands said...

You seem to know all about me beowulf.
Are my eyes really brown?

Demonhunter said...

donsands, No, you are not a historian. Thomas Jefferson did not have a child by his slave Sally Hemmings. That story was advanced to give cover for Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky.

The only evidence given was a similarity in DNA of their descendants. That is exactly what you expect from people who are cousins.