Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Matt Redman sings one of his songs in Russia, is my guess. Not quite sure of the language. A good song nonetheless. Simple powerful truth.



"Your blood speaks a better word
Than all the empty claims I've heard upon this earth
Speaks righteousness for me
And stands in my defense
Jesus it's Your blood

What can wash away our sins?
What can make us whole again?
Nothing but the blood
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can wash us pure as snow?
Welcomed as the friends of God
Nothing but Your blood
Nothing but Your blood King Jesus

Your cross testifies in grace
Tells of the Father's heart to make a way for us
Now boldly we approach
Not by earthly confidence
It's only Your blood"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just before I opened your blog - this song came on my Pandora.com play-list. This song is a great song...and very well written.

donsands said...

It was different to see the men in the crowd quiet and praying just before Matt began the song.

Solemn moment it seemed to me.

You don't see that too often at concerts. And it is a solemn song, and yet a joyful song as well.

Thanks for sharing that Chris. Holy coincidence I guess.

Craver Vii said...

I like the sound of the backup vocalist coming in towards the end of the song. It communicated an increase in intensity without resorting to shouting. The atmosphere was so worshipful I didn't mind the fog machine. ;-)

donsands said...

"The atmosphere was so worshipful"

I agree Craver. I went to a worship concert where Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin lead the worship, and it was full of humility and magnifying Christ.

Sure, there's flesh. I wish i could say there was not any flesh in some Christians, especially me, but the flesh wars against the Spirit, and the Spirit wars against the flesh. Who can deliver me from this body of death?

Jesus Christ can, and He will one day make us so we don't have to struggle in our sinful flesh, but will actually never sin again.

I can't imagine Donald not sinning. I can see me fighting it, and hating it, but never doing it?

What a new earth we shall inherit!

mommanator said...

a wonderful change to the song 'Nothing, but the Blood'
loved it, made ya think, and be at peace!

donsands said...

"This is all my hope and peace:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my righteousness:
nothing but the blood of Jesus."

Thanks for the visit Momanator.