Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"I waited patiently for the Lord, .... He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog,"

"If you live long enough, you will get kicked in the teeth. The only thing that will prevent it is not living long enough. ...And to all such who sense their need, on front after front,...This Psalm...Psalm 40 speaks volumes of relief-" D. A. Carson

Here's the link for Dr. Carson's full teaching & sermon for your encouragement and edification: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owlwa053vyg


And here's Bono singing "40". He's a bit of a strange bloke, but I like him. U2 is a very good band.


"For evils have encompassed me
beyond number;
my iniquities have overtaken me,
and I cannot see;
they are more than the hairs of my head;
my heart fails me.

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me!
O Lord, make haste to help me!" Psalm 40:12-13

I need to learn to be content. I haven't learned to yet. I have some peace and contentment in my life, but I have a lot still to learn.

May the Lord help us all to learn this most precious of gifts: To be content, no matter what we are going through. Amen.

No comments: