Friday, July 02, 2010

"Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth." John 17:17


"More holiness is the very thing to be desired for all servants of Christ. Holy living is the great proof of the reality of Christianity. Men may refuse to see the truth of our arguments, but they cannot evade the evidence of a godly life. Such a life adorns religion and makes it beautiful, and sometimes wins those who are not "won by the Word." Holy living trains Christians for heaven. The nearer we live to God while we live, the more ready shall we be to dwell for ever in His presence when we die. Our entrance into heaven will be entirely by grace, and not of works; but heaven itself would be no heaven to us if we entered it with an unsanctified character. Our hearts must be in tune for heaven if we are to enjoy it. There must be a moral "meetness for the inheritance of the saints in light," as well as title. Christ's blood alone can give us title to enter the inheritance. Sanctification must give us capacity to enjoy it." -John Charles Ryle


I do long to be more and more set apart from the world, and less conformed to the world. I long to be conformed into the image of Christ. But it seems I'm in a season of the "Status Quo". Hopefully it will be a short time, and the Father will answer my Lord's prayer, and sanctify me through His truth and His Spirit. I try to pray every day that my Father will give me His Holy Spirit, or fill me with His Spirit.

Jesus said this:

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”"

And so I ask our Father daily to give me His Spirit, in order to live for the Lord, and have wisdom and love to obey Him.
So that I am able to pray heartfelt prayers, and have peace guard my heart.
So that I can rejoice in my Lord's love for me, and in the truth that my name is written in heaven's book.
So that I can love those who hate me.
So that I can stand against Satan and his foul host of spirits, who try to hinder my walk with Christ.
And most of all, so that I can worship God, and love and enjoy Him.

No comments: