Thursday, October 21, 2010

"I know I've dreamed you, a sin and a lie; I have my freedom but I don't have much time; Faith has been broken, tears must be cried "-Mick Jagger

Then he sings:
"Let's do some living, after love dies"



Supposedly this song was penned about his loss of Marianne Faithful, who left him.

I was thinking how sad it is for this man, who is now in his sixties, and who wrote this song 39 years ago, to not have found true grace and love in his life yet. He has everything, as far as what this world can offer, and yet without Christ, it's all folly.
I never got into the Stones very much. Though some of their songs are excellent songs. I had some of their first LP's, and enjoyed watching them on Ed Sullivan.

And even though they are proclaimed as "the bad guys of rock'n'roll", they are really quite polite and mild. Especially the drummer Charlie Watts.

Anyway, I was just using the catch phrase "wild horses couldn't drag me away" in an e-mail to my daughter about Matthew's Birthday party, and one thought led to another, and I ended up here.

Pray for Mick and the band to come to Christ if you read this. I shall be doing that.

No comments: