Monday, January 10, 2011

"Joy is the serious business of Heaven." -CS Lewis

Jesus said: "Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:23-24)

I love the joy my heart experiences when I have the simple pleasure of being with my grandsons, and we go for a ride to the Bakery, where, in this case, Noah, is offered a free cookie of his choice by the girl behind the counter as I order a danish and a coffee.
We then head to the pond at the cemetery to toss some old bread from home to the different birds which reside there--ducks, geese, and bloody seagulls.
I must admit it’s a sort of ritual "kind of thing". Yet, all three grandsons love it, and even ask me to take them. As a child I visited the same pond with my Grandmother; over 50 years ago. I thank my Lord for this very pleasant joyous time, and memory, He allows me to have.












[if you click on the photos they are enlarged. pretty cool]

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

That's great. I have special memories of my grandparents. I can still remember the unique (eucalyptus) smell of their apartment and the peppermints Grandma always had for us.

Grandparents are special.

donsands said...

Nice memories are another blessing from our Lord.
Thanks for stopping by Craver.