Sunday, January 16, 2011

We sang this great hymn of John Newton today in church, and I found this artist on Youtube, and so have a listen: Be blessed.

My favorite verse is the one I highlighted. Actually I could not sing it, for these marvelous words choked me up. I ponder my filthy sins, and then I ponder Christ's blood, and I see such love and mercy, and not judgement, and my heart is filled with joy and yet a humility as well, that knows I deserve to be judged for my sin. Thank You Lord for Your forgiveness in Your suffering and death on the Cross. May I learn to have a heart as Your servant Paul was, when he wrote to the saints in Galatia:

"But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."

This is my prayer to You Lord. Amen.

What a Savior Jesus is to me!




"Let us love and sing and wonder,
Let us praise the Savior's Name!
He has hushed the law's loud thunder,
He has quenched Mount Sinai's flame.
He has washed us with His blood,
He has brought us nigh to God.

Let us love the Lord Who bought us,
Pitied us when enemies,
Called us by His grace, and taught us,
Gave us ears and gave us eyes:
He has washed us with His blood,
He presents our souls to God.

Let us sing, though fierce temptation
Threaten hard to bear us down!
For the Lord, our strong Salvation,
Holds in view the conqueror's crown:
He Who washed us with His blood
Soon will bring us home to God.

Let us wonder; grace and justice
Join and point to mercy's store;
When through grace in Christ our trust is,
Justice smiles and asks no more:
He Who washed us with His blood
Has secured our way to God.

Let us praise, and join the chorus
Of the saints enthroned on high;
Here they trusted Him before us,
Now their praises fill the sky:
“Thou hast washed us with Your blood;
Thou art worthy, Lamb of God!' "-John Newton

No comments: