Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path....Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart." Psalm 119

















"Thy Word is full of promises,
flowers of sweet fragrance,
fruit of refreshing flavour
when culled by faith.
May I be made rich in its riches,
be strong in its power,
be happy in its joy,
abide in its sweetness,
feast on its preciousness,
draw vigour from its manna.
Lord, increase my faith."


I truly am very grateful to my Lord for giving me a hunger to read His Word. And not only read, but study, and learn the deep meaning of God's truth. I certainly can be lazy at times, and neglect the Word, but God is so faithful with His grace toward me, and He instills in my heart that hunger for His Word time and time again. My flesh at times has wrongful lusts, and I am tempted to sin, and I do sin. Yet, God calls me back; calls me to repent and trust in His promises of mercy, which is new every morning, and His forgiveness which is a completed work of Jesus, when He died on the Cross, and cried these holy words: "It is Finished!"

Oh, how I love those holy words of truth! Thank You Lord. I do love You, and am forever sorrowful for my sins, and forever joyful for Your laying down Your life for me. Amen.

No comments: