Sunday, December 11, 2011

"We are justified by faith alone, and yet this faith is never alone."-John Calvin





We had such a powerful sermon today in church. David Crum, my pastor, preached a edifying message from John 6:22-29, and he focused in on how we "work the works of God".


" Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.” Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom he has sent."

These words from Jesus are beyond our comprehension, and yet, when we are able to simply accept them into our hearts and minds, then we will be living a full life on this earth, and we will be producing much fruit for God's glory and kingdom.

2 comments:

Craver Vii said...

I am so glad that we do not have the pressure to produce fruit, but that we are simply called to believe... and when we believe, God produces the fruit. Hallelujah!

donsands said...

Amen Craver! I was in the flesh yesterday a wee bit, and actually told a pastor "You're not a good pastor!"
Man. I really got under his fingernails with my loose tongue. But, the Holy Spirit worked in the soil of my heart and I was able to apologize and ask for forgiveness. Our Savior is way to kind, and He does bring forth fruit in our lives through our hearts.
I did have to have the Word in me though.
If we don't eat our Lord's Word, then we will be unfruitful for sure.
But even the hunger for His Word is His 100% pure grace and favor.

Thanks for dropping by my good friend.