Friday, March 14, 2008

Filthy Rags to God’s Grace » The Battle belongs to the Lord

I read this post today, and it's an amazingly similar to what happened to me, and in a way is still happening to me, that I thought it was worth the read, as to how this fellow-laborer in Christ, Warren Chua (http://balutpress.com/warren), has spoken the truth in love to his fellow-laborers.
I hope it may encourage you, as it did me, to be bold for the Lord, and confident in His love and grace.

"last night Hazel and i prayed together for the first time ever
we prayed for a lot of things
we prayed for our evangelism
our plans
our health
we gave thanks for the grace He has provided
then suddenly it struck my mind about my friends from my former church
i feel my stomach heating up
could hardly focus on things
my mind was bothering me
how could i sleep through the night without doing something right
how could i live my life while my friends continue on disobedience and their thinking its not…in fact they’re thinking its ministry
my lungs get tighter
hands cold
i dont want to offend anyone
but God’s name is being used in vain
my God my Father who created the world and saved me
so i texted them:

“Hi, just so u knw i wont be attending cqc anymore. ill be here in our church in caloocan. just so you know that somethings wrong in cqc. its bin my daily burden for cqc since it has no leaders it has no accountability among brothers and sisters when someone sins. i pray that someday you guys will realize the true weight of the Lordship of Christ”

Jay:
“bro. may God keep you and work in you wherever you are, and may you grow in caloocan…As for us, im not aware of what you saud but continue to pray for us here in CQC, that we will grow in Christ more and more and guide the saints in CQC, since every church has their own problems. we will continue to pray for you and caloocan as well. thanks”

Philip:
“yes, i agree that CQC needs a lot of improvement, that its still in the process of changing for the better, but dont you think that judging our church so much would help it? God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble, let me remind you as a brother, escaping the problem isn’t going to help the church be strong, all i’m saying is that we should not be quick to judge, but rather help the church grow, again not for our own glory but for His glory, sorry if i may have offended you, but i’m just explaining how we need to work hand in hand for God’s church. anyway, God bless you and your church in Caloocan.”

Me:
“Thanks, Let me be bold as to say that you won’t be aware as long as your there in CQC. No discipleship, no counseling, no rebuking, no training, etc. Nobody know there condition with Christ. I didnt judge, I simply compare CQC with the Bible. I pray and hope you will notice the disobedience in CQC. its everywhere and everyones playing blind.”

Me to Philip:
“Everyones playing blind because nobody’s allowed to ‘Judge’. Thats why CQC never grows after many decades. Before Janus, i was there. So I know.

Philip:
“Actually I’m totally aware of whats happening and I know that it may not be the perfect Church,I’ve experienced many conflicts there but that why God puts us together to grow…building trust takes along time for accountability, while the others: rebuke, training and all, are slowly taking its course..pls do also pray for us regarding these matters”

Me to Philip:
“There should be a senior pastor there in CQC. sigh. just in case you want to check out our church to get some tips for CQC, we’ve been following the preaching pattern of John MacArthur. Your most welcome . nite.”

Their minds were opened. They now know and are aware of the disobedience going on in their church.
its now up to them if they will choose the Lord Jesus Christ or to remain there living in disobedience.
The Bible’s instructions were clear.
And what they’re doing for many decades is “…while the others: rebuke, training and all, are slowly taking its course”
they simply chose to disobey the commands of Christ and make their own interpretation that what they’re doing is actually God’s will
they’re carving up their own image and putting their own rules. of what the Bible clearly translates as Idolatry

For the first time I didn’t feel bothered that they didnt give a positive response.
All I wanted to do was to be a faithful disciple of Christ.
Its upto Him if He will open their hearts.

The battle belongs to the Lord not mine.

- - -
References:
David at Goliath:
“You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17 :45-47

“I do not come into this pulpit hoping that perhaps somebody will of his own free will return to Christ. My hope lies in another quarter. I hope that my Master will lay hold of some of them and say, “You are mine, and you shall be mine. I claim you for myself.” My hope arises from the freeness of grace, and not from the freedom of the will.”-C.H.Spurgeon

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“Come out of her, my people,
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Mix her a double portion from her own cup.
Give her as much torture and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit as queen; I am not a widow,
and I will never mourn.’
Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.” Revelations 18:4-8"-Warren Chua

No comments: