Friday, March 28, 2008

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred per cent!"-Dr. Seuss



Had a great time with the family tonight, as we journeyed to "The Senator", a historic movie theater in Baltimore to see "Horton hears a Who". It was a great feeling to see the three grandsons enjoying a good wholesome movie, while munching on popcorn & M&M's. My daughter and her husband, and my wife all went, and we all enjoyed it.
As it began I was a little nervous, to be honest, that it would be boring at best, but it developed quite nicely, and the dialog was very witty. So it was very nice, and a joy to watch.

After the movie we headed to Burger King for some burgers and fries. I really am so thankful to my Lord for good times like these.

I can recommend the movie for the whole family. A lot more expensive then when I was a kid, but hey, welcome to 2008!

6 comments:

jazzycat said...

I am glad you are enjoying your family and fellowship with them my friend.

donsands said...

Thanks for the visit brother.

Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! I hope when I have grandchildren that I live close enough to play with them. We visited friends in Fredricksburg who have a 5 year old boy from the Philippines and a 2.5 year old from China - a little girl. If was so fun to get in the floor and play with them!

We returned from Richmond last night so I am trying to finish preparing for tomorrow now - not what I prefer to do on Sunday, but one of my bosses changed some things while I was away, so I'm scrambling to get my stuff rearranged for teaching - yuck!

donsands said...

Susan,
I pray you would be blessed and strengthened, and: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:13)." Amen.

frickfricker said...

Thanks for the nice words on my blog!
By the way, Joey noticed that Horton was extremely faith friendly and it irritated some atheistic folks to no end.
Did it seem very faith friendly to you?
Oddly enough, I Am Legend with Will Smith was extremely faith friendly as well. Who would've guessed an end of the world by zombie vampires would have that!!!
Go Chargers!

donsands said...

Yeah, you could say faith friendly. It was good for the grandsons, even the 3 year old was digging it.

Another quote from Horton: "A person's a person, no matter how small".