Friday, June 22, 2007

It's Good to Get Away for a Short Withdrawal.





Patricia and I were able to go to our favorite spot for a couple of nights this past week. The Lord always blesses us, and helps us to shine for Him, even when on vacation. It's such an incredible place, and very restful and quiet.

I have been reading through the book of Isaiah, and I came upon this verse the other day. It's a quite encouraging verse for all who have come to Christ.
"For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:

'In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.'" Isa. 30:15

5 comments:

Baptist Girl said...

What a beautiful site. Where abouts is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Cristina

donsands said...

This is located in St. Michael's Maryland on the Miles River, just off the Chesapeake Bay.
The inn we stay at is called, "The Inn at Perry Cabin".

It's a quiet historical town, and always a nice retreat for us.

Thanks for stopping by.

Scribe said...

Wow, Don...St. Michael's is quite scenic and appears so serene. I hope you and Patricia had a restful vacation.

In Christ our Lord,
Scribe

Baptist Girl said...

Thank you donsand. I went to the site of "The Inn at Perry" and it is just so lovely. My husband I are looking for a place to go on our time off in the Summer. We are from Canada and may head up to Muskoka, it is also lovely up there. We are looking forward to the quiet time together too, life can just get so busy at times, can't it?

Cristina

Jonathan Moorhead said...

Absolutely beautiful! My blood pressure just dropped from looking at the pictures. It looks very relaxing.