Tuesday, January 04, 2011

“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves."-Jesus

[These photos are from the recent riots in Greece. Could this be Americas fate as well? I pray not.]

"...do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."


This passage from Matthew came to mind after I listened to an economist share about how this nation may soon go bankrupt, and so, there will be mayhem like we would never have thought. Inflation where gas is $7-8 a gallon, and food is out of sight as well. It will be the fruition of our greed, and from our nation being in Trillions of dollars of debt, and simply printing up more and more money.

The dollar will soon be worthless, and that is what shall lead to our ruin. It will be difficult, and could even get nasty, but our Lord here says, "Fear not."

I pray that this Economist is wrong. Yet, if he is right, I pray that I would be able to glorify my Father in the midst of such a struggle, and such adversity. Amen.

No comments: